This is the British Army MTP Osprey Mk4 in its latest revision; it is an all constructed 1000 Denier Cordura in MTP aka Multi Terrain Pattern camouflage, with 25mm narrow webbing for mounting MOLLE pouches.
The Mk4 vest acts the base carrier for the soft Kevlar filler which can be added as well the NIJ 4 rated hard plates for further reinforcement and protection.
This trusted piece of genuine issue kit has seen over 10 years of use in operational theatres with the latest being Afghanistan and a lot of feedback has led to multiple revisions with the Mk4 being the latest.
The vest itself being in its 4th revision since its initial introduction has experience a lot of changes and revisions due to consistent feedback from soldiers when used in the field and hence some of these have influenced this system be very cross compatible.
Mk4 Osprey Vests feature an internal lining to help channel away heat and moisture, on the left shoulder itself isa rubberised shoulder pad with anti-slip ribs for shouldering your personal weapon more comfortably as well as loops on the other side for the mounting off a Personal Role Radio.
The vest itself features MOLLE loops all over the base platform for MOLLE/PALS compatible pouches and whilst it can be used with the basic range of MTP pouches as well all 3rd party accessories.
All vests are compatible with the accessories which can be used to convert it to Full Fight Order including the shoulder brassards, cummerbund, full/half neck collar etc as well as the pelvic protection.
MTP compliant matches are included
- Osprey Mk 4 Body Assault Armour Vest
- The shell can be used with the Kevlar filler and Level 4 compliant hard plates.
- MOLLE attachments everywhere
- Reinforced vinyl shoulder panel for increased grip when shouldering a rifle.
- The vest is fully detachable into front and rear panels.
- This Vest has plenty of space for pouches on the front, sides and back
- 2 D-rings on front
- Left and right rubberised shoulder pads with anti-slip ribs to prevent the rifle slipping off the shoulder, deep ribbed
- A carry handle is located on the upper back of the vest.
- The vest closes around the body with large panels of Velcro on left, right and over the shoulders.
- Can be used with Kevlar filler
- Compatible with PRR radio, cummerbunds etc.
- Can replace a vest or chest rig or both
- Large plate pockets front and rear accessed from the base rather than top, helping to hold the plate securely in event of exposure to blast.
- Condition: Grade 1
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: MTP-OSPREY-MK4
- Weight: 2.00kg