Fire Dragon is a new innovative environmentally friendly solid fuel. It is born out of a need for a new cleaner, greener, and safer fuel.
Fire Dragon Solid Fuel is now the current issue fuel of the British Armed Forces and will be in mainstream use by December 2015 according to BCB, Hexi is now being phased out alongside the classic cooker!
FireDragon can boil 500 ml of water in 5 minutes; that’s over two minutes faster than similar products like Hexi!
Can be used easily as a better replacement for issued in-house Hexi with any cookers
Burns faster than other fuels! Including GAS! Leaves no trace of soot and also useful as a sterilizer!
UK soldiers have for many years been commenting on their need for a fuel that can be used quickly in combat situations, that is easy to light, safe to carry, and can be used in confined spaces.
Whilst the current generation of hexamine blocks used by the military offer an air transportable option, their overall quality is far from what is expected of modern military grade products.
Problems with hexamine blocks include formation of toxic gases when used, and large variations in the burning performance of the blocks.
Born out of the natural fiery passion of South Wales and its coal mining heritage, Fire Dragon, is the product to fix these problems.
✔ Burns even when wet!
✔ Easy to light!
✔ Long burn time!
✔ Non Toxic!
✔ Environmentally friendly!
✔ Air transportable!
Key features are illuminated below as well as reinterating the advances over other traditional fuels!
- Non-toxic and odourless when burnt
- Easy and quick to ignite - use the flint, match or lighter
- Low luminosity
- Very little soot - laboratory tests the soot index was 0 (Zero)
- Easy to store and handle
- Safe to be packed with food
- High calorific value of approx. 28,000 kJ / kg
- Air transportable
- Each block will burn for about 6-8 minutes. Two blocks for about 12 minutes
- Potential for use as a hand sanitizer. Simply rub over your hands like a waterless soap, to clean your hands
- Suitable for all weather conditions
- Will light & burn even when wet
- Can be used with a variety of cookers
- Made from sustainable, natural biofuel
- All packaging is recyclable
- NATO Approved
- NSN: 9110-99-505-2835
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: CN336A
- Weight: 250.00g
- Dimensions: 8.50cm x 6.00cm x 2.50cm
- MPN: CN336A