Now integrated into the New PCS Clothing System as a starter base layer, its high performance material, moisture wicking, breathable and high performance, these high performance moisture wicking t-shirts are designed for as a starter layer for the multi-layer PCS clothing system, on exercise or operations.
These T-Shirts are the more up to date Chocolate Brown colour.
The material is also integrated already with the Under Body Armour System shirts.
It is worn solely under the PCS smock or "Shirt/Lightweight".
You will receive 5 T-shirts per purchase, not 1.
New styles and colours now in stock!
Coolmax, a trademark of Invista, is a brand name for a series of moisture-wicking technical fabrics developed in 1986 by DuPont Textiles and Interiors (now Invista).
The fabrics employ specially-engineered polyester fibres to improve "breathability" compared to natural fibres like cotton.
'Wick away' or 'wickaway' is a general term used for fabrics that are engineered to draw moisture away from the skin through capillary action and increased evaporation over a wider surface area.
Coolmax fibres are not round, but are slightly oblong in cross-section with grooves running lengthwise along the threads.
The series of closely spaced channels creates capillary action that wicks moisture through the core and out to a wider area on the surface of the fabric which increases evaporation.
CoolMax fabric was originally developed for clothing intended for use during extreme physical exertion — sweat can evaporate quickly so the wearer is kept dry.
Other useful properties include resistance to fading, shrinking and wrinkling. The fibres are now often woven with other materials like cotton, wool, Spandex and Tencel.
As a result, CoolMax is found in a wide variety of garments from mountain climbing gear, to casual sportswear and underwear, and has also found a use as the first base layer in the new British Army Personal Clothing System
- Extremely lightweight, and made from anti-sweat moisture-wicking 'Coolmax' material.
- Moves sweat away from the body to keep you warm in the winter and comfortable in the summer.
- These are perfect for members of any of NATO's armed forces as they are perfect for wearing under heavy duty smocks/jackets in marching or assault order
- Coolmax mesh-fabric short sleeve t-shirt is an ideal base layer from Soldier '95 to the latest PCS standard!
- Offers exceptional wicking, thermal and anti-static properties making it superior to standard issue cotton t-shirts
- Please note these come direct from surplus so are in a used condition (minimum grade 1)
KEEP YOUR COOL, MAX
COOLMAX® fabric is the performance fabric that includes an effective fibre-based moisture management system.
The system can move perspiration away from the body, and through the fabric, where it can evaporate quickly, allowing the wearer to feel cooler and more comfortable.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: TSHIRT-COOLMAX-BROWN
- Weight: 3.00kg